Pink Ribbon Walk Privacy Statement
Pink Ribbon Walk is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Pink Ribbon Walk in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Pink Ribbon Walk
- Contact details of Pink Ribbon Walk
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is to Pink Ribbon Walk
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
The Pink Ribbon Walk is a national voluntary movement. We organise charity walks around Ireland to raise money for Action Breast Cancer, a programme of the Irish Cancer Society.
Our GDPR Owner can be contacted directly here:
- Penny McGowan: National Chairperson – Pink Ribbon Walk
Purpose for processing your data
If you register for a Pink Ribbon Walk, we ask you to submit your name, email address, mobile phone number and password when you are creating an account and/or registering for a walk.
This information is stored securely in our online database. Our site uses SSL (https address), which means that any communications between the site and the server are fully encrypted.
You name is used to identify you as a Pink Ribbon Walk account holder.
We use your email address to send you a registration confirmation, sponsorship card and other registration material if you have registered for a walk.
We use your mobile phone number to contact you by SMS with essential information about Pink Ribbon Walk or your registered walk.
All passwords stored by the site are encrypted.
The system will remove accounts that have never been used after two years. Accounts that have been dormant for two years will also be removed.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the General Data Protection Regulations is so we can give you the information you need to fundaise, check in for your walk, submit any funds raised and be contacted with any details or updates that are relevant to your registered walk or your involvement with Pink Ribbon Walk.
If you submit a query to us on our web contact form, it will be sent by email to the email@example.com email address via TLS (Transport Layer Security). It will be processed by a Pink Ribbon Walk volunteer and deleted after 15 days. A copy of the enquiry will also be stored in the site’s database but this will also be deleted after 15 days.
In any event, Pink Ribbon Walk is committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Pink Ribbon Walk use the personal data it collects about me?
Pink Ribbon Walk will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Pink Ribbon Walk in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Pink Ribbon Walk procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- TEXT A PARENT: we use this text messaging service to send text messages to people who have set up a Pink Ribbon Walk account and/or who have registered for a Pink Ribbon Walk. Your mobile phone number will be included in the list we send to this provider.
- CHIP AND PIN OPERATORS: If you have registered for a Pink Ribbon Walk, we may share your name and race number only with the company that has been contracted to run the chip and pin service for each walk. You name and walk/run time will be posted in the walk venue and may also appear on the chip and pin operator’s website.
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions.
Data subject rights:
Pink Ribbon Walk facilitates your rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. We can update the details of your account and/or the mobile phone number we use to contact you upon request.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. We can delete your account from the Pink Ribbon Walk site and remove your mobile phone number from our text message list.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Pink Ribbon Walk refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Pink Ribbon Walk will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Pink Ribbon Walk or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and the Pink Ribbon Walk GDPR Owner.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.