Pink Ribbon Walk Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your participation in the Pink Ribbon Walk.
- To participate in the Pink Ribbon Walk, we ask you to *try* to raise a minimum of €100 sponsorship in addition to paying the non-refundable €20 entry fee.
- Only registered participants and volunteers over the age of 12 years old are eligible to take part in the Pink Ribbon Walk. All participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. We cannot take responsibility for under 16s on the day.
- Participants are responsible for their own medical condition. If participants are in any doubt about their physical ability to take part in the Pink Ribbon Walk, then they must consult their doctor before the event.
- Pink Ribbon Walk will be organising this event following best practice guidelines and health and safety standards. Participants enter the Pink Ribbon Walk at their own risk and Pink Ribbon Walk and associated companies shall not be liable for any injury or loss to participants or their property that may occur as a result of their participation in the Pink Ribbon Walk event, other than where such injury or loss is a result of Pink Ribbon Walk’s negligence.
- Pink Ribbon Walk takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during Walk events. By taking part in this event, all participants acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries, please contact us before agreeing to take part in this event.
- In the case of an emergency, Pink Ribbon Walk may pass personal details provided by each participant to the emergency services, health care professionals and for the purposes of contacting individuals’ emergency contact.
- All spectators at the Pink Ribbon Walk events do so entirely at their own risk and Pink Ribbon Walk shall not be liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their attendance, other than where such injury or loss is a result of Pink Ribbon Walk’s negligence.
- Pink Ribbon Walk reserves the right to change or reduce any of the Pink Ribbon Walk routes.
- Pink Ribbon Walk reserves the right to refuse entry if, for whatever reason, it is deemed unsafe for the participant to take part.
- Pink Ribbon Walk operates a no smoking policy at events, and respectfully asks all participants along with their supporters to refrain from smoking at the event.
- Pink Ribbon Walk respectfully asks all participants along with their supporters not to use aggressive or abusive language towards our organisers and volunteers.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation in the Pink Ribbon Walk to be used to publicise events and Pink Ribbon Walk generally, including television broadcasts, publications, marketing material and other documents that may be made available to the public. No photographs of children will be taken without written consent of a parent or guardian aged over 18. Pink Ribbon Walk will not provide your details to third parties.
Terms and conditions for using this website
The Website is owned by Pink Ribbon Walk and any use made of this site are subject to these terms and conditions. Pink Ribbon Walk may, at its sole discretion, modify or revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating the text of this page.
Use of the Website
Anyone is entitled to view any non-password protected parts of the Website and to use for their own purposes the information contained therein, provided:
- it is used for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain.
- any links created to the Website are notified to and approved by Pink Ribbon Walk before they are created.
- no part of the Website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without the written permission of Pink Ribbon Walk.
Copyright and trade marks
Copyright in the material on this website is owned by Pink Ribbon Walk or its content suppliers. Unauthorised use of the material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written consent of Pink Ribbon Walk or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited. The names and logos of Pink Ribbon Walk may not be used without the prior consent of Pink Ribbon Walk.
Pink Ribbon Walk does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via the website is accurate, complete or correct. Pink Ribbon Walk has no liability whatsoever in respect of any use which you make of such information except in the case of personal injury or death caused by the negligence of Pink Ribbon Walk.
Warranty and indemnity
The User warrants to Pink Ribbon Walk that it will not use the website, the material or any part thereof for any purpose that is in contravention of any applicable law or regulation or in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademarks, service marks or other intellectual property rights of third parties or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others or in any defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful manner.
The User shall indemnify Pink Ribbon Walk harmless against all claims, liability, losses, damages and expenses including, without limitation, legal fees and costs arising out of or incurred as a result of any claims made, or litigation brought, against Pink Ribbon Walk as a result of the use by the User of the website, the material or any part thereof for whatever purpose, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of liability
Pink Ribbon Walk hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the material and any goods or services supplied in relation to the Website, whether express or implied or statutory (including all implied warranties and conditions of fitness for a particular purpose). In no event shall Pink Ribbon Walk be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages whatsoever, even if Pink Ribbon Walk has been advised of the possibility of damages including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the website, interruptions or delays to the website, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, material, goods and services obtained through the website or otherwise arising out of the use of the website, whether based on contract, tort or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
The Website contains links to websites operated by parties other than Pink Ribbon Walk. Such links are provided for the User’s convenience only. Pink Ribbon Walk does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their content.
Privacy and Data Protection
Whilst Pink Ribbon Walk makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Website.
Pink Ribbon Walk reserves the right to vary event registration fees without notice. All event registrations are subject to availability and Pink Ribbon Walk reserves the right to refuse to accept any registration and to refuse to supply any goods or services to any individual.
Although encryption security software is used in areas where online payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by any User who transmits information by means of e-mail or other Internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by such User and in no event shall any such loss in whole or part be borne by Pink Ribbon Walk.
If any provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between Pink Ribbon Walk and the User and supercede all other (prior or contemporaneous) communications and proposals, whether electronic or written, between the User and Pink Ribbon Walk. Any failure of Pink Ribbon Walk to exercise or enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such rights or operate so as to bar the subsequent exercise or enforcement or any such rights.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland, and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts to settle any disputes which may arise in connection with these terms and conditions.
If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.